Johnathan Bowers III, aka GQ
* Started dancing at age five—ballet/jazz—at the Peabody Institute in Baltimore, MD.
* At age twelve, appeared on the television show “Baltimore Breakout”
* One of the free-style dancers who entertained the fans before Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five came on stage at a concert in Utica, NY.
* Appeared as an actor in the play, “Save the Children,” which was featured at the beautiful Lyric Theatre in downtown Baltimore, MD, and was produced and directed by Routina Blake.
* Danced for his senior-high-school dance team, which competed at many schools throughout Maryland.
* Appeared in a television commercial for a Georgetown clothing store.
* Awarded a two-year dance scholarship, from high school, to dance for the famous Wally Saunders Dance School.
* Studied jazz dance and movement with the famous John Taylor of Columbia, MD.
* Continued to improve his dancing skills by studying jazz and modern dance while attending Coppin State College.
* Supervised and trained more than 50 instructors at the “Disco Palace” for the renowned former Arthur Murray/Fred Astaire executive, Dennis Kelly.
* Choreographed and starred in an industrial commercial for the world-famous “Mars, Incorporated.”
* Choreographed two long-running television dance shows: “Soul of the City,” for six years, and “Dance Connection,” for four years.
* Choreographed the television show ,“Disco after Dark,” at Geovanchy’s with famous recording artists, “Peaches and Herb”.
* Interviewed over fifty performing artists, including Quincy Jones.
* Free-style dance champion—won a contest to compete on the show, “Soul Train,” in Los Angeles, CA.
* Competed on the television show, “Dance Fever,” in Los Angeles, CA.
* Professional model, who has launched many careers in the entertainment field.
* Performed in many venues including the luxurious Baltimore Convention Center, the Organization of the American States, and the Andrew Mellon Auditorium in Washington, D.C.
* Acted, danced, and assisted in choreographing the play, “Tempo di Tango,” in the beautiful Kennedy Center of Washington, D.C.
* Ten-time hustle dance champion (Baltimore, VA, DC, Philadelphia, and NJ).
* Ballroom dance champion in theater arts/show dance and cabaret.
* Is a professional Latin, Smooth/Standard ballroom dance competitor, instructor, and coach
All of Johnathan’s achievements are considerable and too numerous list here.